02/04/2013 Leave a comment
It’s been a very busy year for a couple of MVPs that are writing about Hyper-V.
The first one, written by Aidan Finn, Patrick Lownds, Michel Luescher and Damian Flynn, was published on Amazon:
Go-to guide for using Microsoft’s updated Hyper-V as a virtualization solution
Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V offers greater scalability, new components, and more options than ever before for large enterprise systems and small/medium businesses. Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Installation and Configuration Guide is the place to start learning about this new cloud operating system. You’ll get up to speed on the architecture, basic deployment and upgrading, creating virtual workloads, designing and implementing advanced network architectures, creating multitenant clouds, backup, disaster recovery, and more.
The international team of expert authors offers deep technical detail, as well as hands-on exercises and plenty of real-world scenarios, so you thoroughly understand all features and how best to use them.
- Explains how to deploy, use, manage, and maintain the Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V virtualization solutions in large enterprises and small- to medium-businesses
- Provides deep technical detail and plenty of exercises showing you how to work with Hyper-V in real-world settings
- Shows you how to quickly configure Hyper-V from the GUI and use PowerShell to script and automate common tasks
- Covers deploying Hyper-V hosts, managing virtual machines, network fabrics, cloud computing, and using file servers
- Also explores virtual SAN storage, creating guest clusters, backup and disaster recovery, using Hyper-V for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), and other topics
Help make your Hyper-V virtualization solution a success with Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Installation and Configuration Guide.
The second book covers the Hyper-V deployment, written by Zahir Hussain Shah and reviewed by another Hyper-V MVP: Lai Yoong Seng:
Building Hyper-V infrastructure with secured multitenancy, flexible infrastructure, scalability, and high availability
- A complete step-by-step Hyper-V deployment guide, covering all Hyper-V features for configuration and management best practices.
- Understand multi-tenancy, flexible architecture, scalability, and high availability features of new Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V.
- Learn Hyper-V Replica, Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch, Virtual Machine Migration, Hyper-V Storage, Hyper-V Failover Clustering, and also System Center VMM and DPM for management, backup, and recovery.
Over a short span of time, server virtualization has been one of the most rapidly adopted technologies in IT business. Microsoft Hyper-V is a hardware-assisted hypervisor product, available as a server role in the Windows Server operating system. Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V provides cutting-edge server virtualization features for a scalable, flexible, and highly available virtual machine infrastructure.
“Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V: Deploying Hyper-V Enterprise Server Virtualization Platform” is a comprehensive guide, which starts itself from basic virtualization and server consolidation concepts, and then goes deeper for discussing advanced topics, such as a Hyper-V scalability, failover, and virtual machine migration. This book is an ideal choice for those who are stepping into Hyper-V world, and also for those who are experts in Hyper-V and want to advance their skills with the new Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V.
This book contains topics starting from introducing Hyper-V as a hypervisor, and then moves ahead with covering advanced topics, related to Hyper-V configuration and virtual machine management.
The book starts with getting to know Hyper-V, and then we discuss planning, designing, and the implementation of Hyper-V. It then goes with advanced topics such as Hyper-V Replica, Hyper-V Networking and Storage, Hyper-V High Availability, and so on.
“Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V: Deploying Hyper-V Enterprise Server Virtualization Platform” is an expert guide for discussing Hyper-V configuration and management topics.
Well done guys!
Certified Ethical Hacker | MCSA+S+M| MCSE+S | MCTS | MCITP | MCBMSS | MCT | MVP Virtual Machine
My Blog | MSVirtualization (pt-BR) | Technet Wiki Articles | MVP Profile
Twitter: LeandroEduardo | LinkedIn: Leandroesc