New Book Available – System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 Cookbook by Alessandro Cardoso
07/05/2013 Leave a comment
As you might know, the new version of System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 comes with tons of new features and nice configurations that will change the way we manage not only our virtual environment, but the most important components of our datacenter.
To be prepared and learn almost everything about it from scratch, my friend Alessandro Cardoso has written a great book walking through the product. Check it out:
System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 Cookbook
What you will learn from this book
- How to use VMM Architecture and plan for a real word deployment
- Utilize Network Virtualization, Gateway integration, Storage integration, Resource Throttling, and Availability options
- Deploy Operations Manager and integrate with VMM
- Integrate SC APP Controller with VMM to manage Private and Public Clouds (Azure)
- Cluster deployment with VMM Bare Metal
- Create and deploy Virtual Machines from Templates
- Deploy a highly available VMM Management Server
- Manage Hyper-V, Vmware, and Citrix from VMM
- How to upgrade from SCVMM 2008R2 to SCVMM 2012 SP1
Microsoft System Center 2012 is a comprehensive IT infrastructure, virtualization, and cloud management platform. With System Center 2012, you can more easily and efficiently manage your applications and services across multiple hypervisors as well as across public and private cloud infrastructures to deliver flexible and cost-effective IT services for your business.
This cookbook covers architecture design and planning and is full of deployment tips, techniques, and solutions designed to show users how to improve VMM 2012 in a real world scenario. It will guide you to create, deploy, and manage your own Private Cloud with a mix of Hypervisors: Hyper-V, Vmware ESXi, and Citrix XenServer. It also includes the VMM 2012 SP1 features.
This book is a cookbook that covers architecture design, planning and is full of deployment tips, techniques and solutions designed to show users how to improve VMM 2012 in a real world scenario. It will guide you to create, deploy and manage your own Private Cloud with a mix of Hypervisors : Hyper-V, Vmware ESXi and Citrix XenServer.
To get you an idea of how good the book is, Alessandro made the chapter 6, Upgrading from SCVMM 2008 R2 SP1 to SCVMM 2012 for free.
Certified Ethical Hacker | MCSA+S+M| MCSE+S | MCTS | MCITP | MCBMSS | MCT | MVP Virtual Machine
My Blog | MSVirtualization (pt-BR) | Technet Wiki Articles | MVP Profile
Twitter: LeandroEduardo | LinkedIn: Leandroesc